Deutsche Version (German Version)
Film registration opens Nov 17, 2014 on this website!
Entry deadline is 18 January 2015 !
1. The VELO BERLIN FILM AWARD is an online film competition judged by the internet audience visiting the competition website. Valuable material prizes will be conferred.
2. The VELO BERLIN FILM AWARD is organised and executed by Velokonzept Saade GmbH and interfilm Berlin Management GmbH, henceforth referred to as “Organiser”. Contact partner for filmmakers is interfilm Berlin. The main sponsor of the competition is the company SCHWALBE (Ralf Bohle GmbH). The prize sponsors are also referred to as “sponsors”.
3. The VELO BERLIN FILM AWARD call for entries refers to films that are new, pre-existing or have been specially produced for the competition. All film formats are permissible as production media, from 35mm films to mobile phones. There are no restrictions regarding style or genre. The duration of the film should not exceed 10 minutes (if need be, excluding the final credits) and may not be older than four years (year of production: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015). Films may contain dialogue in any language, but must be subtitled in English.
4. Directors, producers, artists, schools etc. (entitled representatives of the film) are required to register for participation in the competition via the form on the website (www.veloberlinfilmaward.com), stating all details therein.
There are three different options to send us your film:
(a) If the film can be viewed online (only on YouTube or Vimeo sites, public or password protected), please include the relevant link (and password) on the application form.
(b) Upload a video file to our FTP Server (Please click on “FTP Upload” in the submission form. You will get the login data per Email). Format of the viewing file: mp4/mov, max. 300MB.
(c) If the film is not available in an online version, it may be submitted as a DVD/data DVD by sending it to our postal address:
interfilm Berlin / Velo Berlin Film Award
Tempelhofer Ufer 1a
10961 Berlin / Germany
The sender takes responsibility for the risk and cost of sending viewing material and screening copies to the interfilm office. All parcels from non-EU member states must be clearly marked with a customs declaration stating the following:
”For cultural purposes only. No commercial value.”
Parcels from non-EU member states must also be accompanied by an invoice stating that the value is not more than € 10,00 (under no circumstances should higher production costs be given). Costs arising from incorrect declarations will be charged to the account of the sender.
Submission deadline is Sunday, 18 January 2015 at 12:00 midnight (Central European Time). The time refers to the moment at which the online registration form has been completed and submitted.
5. The selection of films for the VELOBerlin Film Award rests with interfilm Berlin. Of all submitted films, the best will be chosen and presented in a short film programme of ca. 80-100 minutes duration. These films qualify as the VELOBerlin Film Award nominees.
All nominated films will be shown on the competition website for the online audience vote (February 14 – March 21, 2015). Films that are publicly visible on YouTube/Vimeo sites will be embedded on the competition website. Films from other platforms and films that have been submitted via FTP or on DVD or as a password protected link will either be placed online by the party who submitted the film on either YouTube or Vimeo or uploaded to the website by interfilm with their own player.
Furthermore, all nominated films will be screened in public at the following three public bicycle trade shows: f.re.e Munich (18-22 February 2015), Rad+Outdoor Bremen (7/8 March 2015) and VELOBerlin (21/22 March 2015). Therefore all nominees will be asked to send in high-resolution video files of their films.
6. The winners of the audience awards will be determined by a public online vote on the competition website. In case there is a strong suspicion that the online vote has been manipulated, the organiser reserves the right to disqualify the film(s) in question without burden of proof.
7. Upon entering their film, competition participants confirm that all visual and sound material used in the film is free from the rights of third parties.
8. Upon submission of entry, the submitting party grants the organizer the non-exclusive right (limited in time and location) to
(a) make the former’s entry available to the public on the website www.veloberlinfilmaward.com
(b) to make it publicly available for purposes of presentation of the project in social media
(c) to screen it publicly during the following three public bicycle trade shows:
1. f.re.e Munich (18-22 February 2015)
2. Rad+Outdoor (7/8 March 2015)
3. VELOBerlin (21/22 March 2015)
The time limit is restricted to the period of the online vote (14 Feb 2015 – 21 March 2015) and a consecutive follow-up period (until 30.04.2015), the locations are restricted to the competition website and the organisers’ and sponsors’ social media sites as well as the three mentioned public bicycle trade shows. The organizer is entitled to compile a “highlights” sequence from the entries that may be used as detailed above.
9. With respect to any third parties participating in the film, the submitting party must ensure in advance that these have agreed to comply with competition regulations.
10. Good luck!